At St. Paul we encourage children to immerse themselves into many areas of learning. Learning itself goes beyond core classes of the school day. With the hope of molding well rounded children who have an interest in many different activities. We provide the opportunity for outside of the classroom learning. Some of our extra Curricular sctivities include:
- ACES Program which includes Abra Kid Abra Math, Mad Science,Bricks 4 Kidz and A+Art
- Culinary Kids Club - St. Paul students will learn how to chop, dice, stir and slice while "traveling' around the world. This club will meet once a week and explore history, examine other cultures and use practical math while focusing on healthy food choices. Members will grow and harvest foods from our own St. Francis Graden. They will use these foods among other ingredients to cook together!
- First Lego League (FLL) - The St Paul FLL team of up to 10 students meets from the start of the school year through mid-December. There are now approximately 300 FLL teams in the St Louis area. FIRST LEGO League gives our students and coaches the opportunity to work and create together to solve a common problem. Challenged to research a real-world problem, then create an original solution for that problem, plus design and build a robot using a LEGO® MINDSTORMS® kit within a common set of rules to accomplish “missions” on a playing field, brings out the best in students and adults alike. The theme changes each season, requiring teams to be extraordinarily creative. More information about FLL can be found at http://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll.
- Ping Pong Club - The St. Paul Ping Pong Club will meet in the third quarter of the year one day a week. Club members will enjoy learning the skills needed for Ping Pong and enjoy playing games against one another.
- St. Francis Garden - St. Paul students will work with our 6-8th grade Science teacher to plant, harvest and develop our St. Francis Garden. Students will learn about the importance of gardening, how to garden and harvest crops while maintaining the garden throughout the seasons.